- Wine & Gastronomy
Reims - Champagne
Des bulles, des villages et la cathédrale des Rois
Apprenez tout sur la boisson qui symbolise la fête et le luxe à travers le monde
A wonderful day of excursion and tasting through the "Montagne de Reims".
- Visit and tasting of a prestigious Champagne house in Epernay or Reims such as Moët-et-Chandon, Taittinger, Veuve-Cliquot, Pommery, Mumm, or Ruinart.... Lunch in Epernay or on the way to Reims.
Epernay is with Reims, the main wine-growing center of the Champagne region and the meeting point of three major wine-growing areas: the Montagne de Reims, the Côte des Blanc and the Marne Valley.
- Visit Hautvillers, attractive village on the southern slope of the Montagne de Reims, with old houses and hand-painted wrought-iron signs, it forms part of the three top wine-growing areas of Ay, Hautvillers and Avenay.
Dom Perignon (1638-1715), who is buried in the old abbey church, was in charge of the cellars of the Benedictine abbey. The monk was the first to blend various wines to produce Champagne. He also supervised the double fermentation process and initiated the use of cork. Dom Perignon invented the science of Champagne and personifies the spirit of the Champagne people, a mix of method and audacity.
- Tasting at one or two smaller Champagne producer in a village in the vineyard of 'la Montagne de Reims' or in the Marne valley.
- Visit the beautiful Reims cathedral where most French Kings were crowned, return to Paris.
- Pick-up from your hotel or apartment in Paris with a deluxe car or van
- Private tour "à la carte" (no mixed group), duration: 10h
- 2 champagne tastings included (1 to 2 champagne each)